Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2016

[ENGLISH] Finder differences of Volume 1 in Germany

First Issue (2008) and ReIssue (2014)
As some of you might know the first volume of this manga series got cencored in Germany because of „glorifying violence“ regarding the rape scene between Asami and Akihito. This means you can’t buy the Manga openly in store and need to get it through direct order in bookstores at the publisher.
Since I own both versions of the first volume, I sat down and looked for the differences between them. Might be that some got lost for me but these are what I found.

If you open the book there is a colored image. In the first issue it is the image from the rape scene between Asami and Aki, Aki bound on Asamis lap…. In the reissue it is the cover of the volume and the mentioned image is on the backpage of it but not as open as in being the first page.


First Issue                                                                               Reissue
The next difference to be seen is on the chapter cover. The logo of FINDER was changed. On the cover this was also noticeable. The target on the image vanished and now just a small crosshairs on the left corner is visible. Also the frame around the writing was deleted.



Reissue (top) First issue (bottom)
Followed by a change of text on the next pages where Akihito is running away from Asami and his followers and jumping from the roof. The first edition wrote: “Y… Yes it is unblievable he jumped.“ on the reissue it was changed to: “Y… yes it is unbelievable he jumped from this hight.“

Reissue (top) First issue (bottom)
The next change was a statement made by Asami at the end of the first sex scene with Akihito. Asamis first version was: “Never forget the pain and pleasure I provided you” which was changed to “Never forget the real treat I gave you!”


First issue                                                                        Reissue
I have to admit I skiped through some things since I expected the next change to be in the chapter 2 „FIXER“. Which made me find a change in the text between Feilong and Akihito. Feilong saying the the first issue: “If I cut out your guts and send him a parcel.. I might finally see some change in his face!” was changed to: „If Asami finds out you’re with me… his face will contort!“


First issue                                                                                Reissue

The next change in text was already at the page after that. Feilongs: “Every time when it hurts I want to make him pay, I want to take away from him what he values most!” was changed to “Every time the wound hurts I want to do the same to him!”


First Issue                                                                         Reissue
The scene between Asami and Akihito at the end of FIXER was also changed in terms of text. The original dialogue between Asami and Akihito: Original: 
Asami: „He raped you till you bleeded. Probably you were showing him your ass he must have felt like in heaven!“
Akihito: „You’re not different than him. Even though I say no you still do it.“
In the reissue it was weakened:
Asami: „What in gods name did he do to you??“
Akihito:  „Same you do. Even though I said no ….!“


First issue                                                                     Reissue
And already a page after that is a change which is somehow disturbing for the character of Asami at this time of the story. The saying in the first issue „Don’t get me wrong! I hate it if others touch things that have my name written on them. When someone steals something from me I get it back. In the underworld there is only one place for you to be free: on my side!” was changed to: „Don’t get me wrong. Someone I love is what I don’t want to lose to others. If you want to be free in the underworld… than stay with me.“

First issue                                                                              Reissue
The following page was also altered with a weakened version of Asamis text. His direct words on the first issue: “Only I am allowed to enter you. My dick is the only one you’re ever allowed to feel inside you, understood?” was altered to “I alone am allowed to be in you. You shall always be mine!”

First issue                                                                                  Reissue
These were the differences that I noticed in the first volume of the manga. Probably there are more and also some in the follow up volumes. Maybe I will take my time to find these too if you are interested. Also they finally translated the soundwords in the reissue which was in the first version slightly ignored.

Hope you had fun with this little entry. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen